What is Communication Platform as a Service, CPaaS?
- CPaaS stands for Communication Platform As A Service. In a nutshell, it’s a cloud-based platform that enables businesses and developers to add messaging, voice, and video in their own applications. Essentially, it provides a complete off-the-shelf environment of communication tools using programmable telecom – all without needing backend infrastructure.
Examples of Communication Platforms at Work
- Take for example, Uber or Careem, ride-hailing applications. These applications rely on communication platforms to communicate with their customers. A user can request a ride through the app, and once the Uber driver arrives to the requested destination, an SMS or push notification is sent to the user’s phone. And after the trip is completed, an email gets sent out outlining all the trip’s pertaining details.
- Verifying a user’s identity is another way CPaaS can come in handy. Over the top (OTTs) providers, such as Facebook, WhatsApp, or Viber, verify users’ identity by sending an SMS with a code for a user to input; ensuring that each opened account is tied to a valid phone number.
- By leveraging CPaaS, a business can swiftly benefit from all communication capabilities by the use of (Applications Program Interfaces). The cost of both the cloud infrastructure are combined in an easy to use per transaction model.
Follow us on Linkedin
Cequens Can Help
- We're leading Communication Platform as a Service (
CPaaS) provider in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region that aims to bridge communication gaps in a communication-driven world.
- Powered by innovation and guided by a Cloud-First and Mobile-First approach, we provide omnichannel communication APIs that enable enterprises and developers to communicate with their customer base worldwide.
- As a GSMA Associate Member and ISO-Certified company, Cequens plays a pivotal role in transforming communication in the region.
- Cequens proprietary, PCI/DSS compliant Communication Platform leverages the latest cloud technologies and features a comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions that are industry-focused, agile, scalable, and cost-effective.
Read Now: 7 Key Characteristics That Define CPaaS