What’s an API?
An API can be described as a set of programming standards and instructions for web-based applications and tools. Whenever a leading software company releases an API to the public, it empowers developers to design products that are powered by its service.
An API can also be described as a software to software interface that doesn’t demand human intervention. Unlike front-end facing user interfaces, APIs function behind the scenes in the backend and are unseen.
APIs enable seamless integration with multiple tools. So the end-user will never notice software functions being handed over from one platform to another.
What Is SMS API ?
- A SMS API is a software interface allowing users to send or receive SMS directly from the user's or the business's platform via a SMS gateway. By using the SMS API, SMS communication services can now be easily integrated with a website, third-party application or service, mobile app, and CRM.
- SMS APIs can be integrated with several different types of software. For example, you can embed it in your marketing platform to send large volumes of text messages to millions of users in the MEA region.
- You can also track the success of your campaigns by connecting it to your big data and analytics application. This approach can be scaled up or down depending on present needs, cost-effectively.
Key advantages of implementing SMS APIs:
- Broadcast messages in the user’s preferred language
- Ensure that messages were delivered on intelligent primary routs
- Leverage live Home, Location, Register (HLR) lookup
- Verify the quality of delivery (of your messages)
Follow Us On Linkedin
Cequens Can Help
- We're leading Communication Platform as a Service ( CPaaS ) provider in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region that aims to bridge communication gaps in a communication-driven world.
- Powered by innovation and guided by a Cloud-First and Mobile-First approach, we provide omnichannel communication APIs that enable enterprises and developers to communicate with their customer base worldwide.
- As a GSMA Associate Member and ISO-Certified company, Cequens plays a pivotal role in transforming communication in the region.
- Cequens proprietary, PCI/DSS compliant Communication Platform leverages the latest cloud technologies and features a comprehensive portfolio of products and solutions that are industry-focused, agile, scalable, and cost-effective.
Read Now: Drive Improved Reach and Expansion Efforts with Localized Digital Transformation